Contact me

makaylathomas1970@gmail.com

Mailing details provided upon request.

Follow by Email

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Book Review: Flashes From the Other World

Title: Flashes From the Other World
Author: Julie Ann Weinstein
Format Reviewed: print
Blurb:  
Magic without the hocus pocus, these stories explore the ethereal blur between reality and not, between dream and sleep,
between love and 'other than' love. They present relationships with a tender wackiness. Tossed into the mix are mischievous ghosts, who give the talking plants and even the seductive and vocal grains of sand a run for their money.
Quirky and offbeat, these stories will touch your heart, although they may tug at your funny bone first.

Here is an author whose words are pure magic. From the
paranormal, to relationships, to the surreal, these flash stories will delight readers ....
-Salvatore Buttaci, author of "Flashing My Shorts"
With a keen minimalist eye and a knifelike accuracy of just where
the edge is ... these stories are disturbingly correct, commanding
and gorgeous.
- Traci Foust, author of "Nowhere Near Normal



My Review:  Until recently, I admit I'm not a real big fan of short stories, they seem to always leave me wanting more no matter how well they're written. This book is one of those great reads for when you may have a lot of interruptions, short stories, short parts, all broken up.  I found myself really enjoying certain parts, not getting into other parts and wishing, on yet other parts, that there was more to it than a short story.


Rating: 3/5


Details/Disclaimer: Review copy was provided to me in exchange for a fair and honest review. The free book held no determination on my personal review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review/blog post. I love hearing from you.