Contact me

makaylathomas1970@gmail.com

Mailing details provided upon request.

Follow by Email

Friday, February 8, 2013

Book Review: A Good Man

Title: A Good Man
Author: Vanessa Morgan 
Format Reviewed: ebook
Blurb:   Loved DEXTER and AMERICAN PSYCHO? Then you'll love A GOOD MAN.

Louis Caron is a good man - vegetarian, he feeds the homeless, takes care of animals and is even concerned with the ecological future of the planet. But his altruism has a sinister edge - he's a vampire - and local detective Taglioni is becoming increasingly suspicious. Louis' attempt to escape the police takes him on a journey into his own private hell where he is not only forced to confront his worst fears, but also to destroy the lives of those he cares about most.


My Review: Now, I've never read a screenplay before, but I guess this is a good way to introduce it to a variety of audiences. I have to admit, it took me a few pages to get used to the different way it's written. After all, I'm a book reviewer, not a screenplay reviewer. However, it didn't take long for the story to over-take the different way it was written.

I absolutely loved the concept of a vegetarian vampire that wasn't from twilight. Louis is an elderly vampire.

Now, I have to admit that while so many feel this is a truly unique, never done "book"...I can't call it that. Vegetarian vampires were in Twilight and Louis was used in a famous Anne Rice book. I'd probably have chosen a less known name for my vampire.

Things pick up when he ends up having to go against some of what he thought he'd do.


Rating: 4/5


Details/Disclaimer: Review copy was provided to me in exchange for a fair and honest review. The free book held no determination on my personal review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review/blog post. I love hearing from you.