Contact me

makaylathomas1970@gmail.com

Mailing details provided upon request.

Follow by Email

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Book Review: Why We Don't Kill Spider

Title: Why We Don't Kill Spider
Author: Bo Macreery
Format Reviewed: ebook
Blurb:  
Two countrymen separated by hundreds of years. One a medieval king, stripped of everything. One a hobbled knight, armed only with a pen. Each destined to save his nation's heritage from oblivion. Driven by a promise to a grandfather. Bound the by the single, silky webbing strand of a wee spider. This is their story.


My Review: 
I have to admit, as soon as I saw the Goodreads summary of this book, I HAD to read it. It sounded like something that I could really enjoy.

I was not disappointed. I hate when authors right books based around historical events or time periods and they have not researched them enough. I, being a history *buff*, get frustrated. You will not be disappointed with Bo Macreery's knowledge of both Scottish and English history.

In this book we see Robert get a new zest for life. When it seems that all has gone wrong and he has hit rock bottom, he focuses on watching a spider. This spider is deep involved in trying to create a web on a wet cave wall. He sees the determination this spider has to create it's own web and takes a new ideal into his own life path.

You are taken right into the lands and times with great story writing. You can picture the events and surroundings in your mind. A vivid picture is painted without being over-worded.

There is a rather long character reference guide included in this book and you will need it. His characters are so developed that they truly take on their own persona. Chapters are on the short side, but well titled and quick moving. He manages to teach you lessons through medieval lore that you can adapt into your present day.

Brilliant writing and research. A quick read that you will not want to put down. This needs to be on your book shelves. I will be re-reading this.


Rating: 5/5


Details/Disclaimer: Review copy was provided to me in exchange for a fair and honest review. The free book held no determination on my personal review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review/blog post. I love hearing from you.