Contact me

makaylathomas1970@gmail.com

Mailing details provided upon request.

Follow by Email

Monday, February 11, 2013

Interview: Blakely Bennett

Tell us your latest news? 
The second book of the My Body Trilogy, My Body-His (Marcello) will be released March 15, 2013.  I have written over 2/3 of the third book in the series entitled My Body-Mine.
What inspired you to write your first book? Many different things inspired me to write My Body-His, the first book of the My Body Trilogy.  Many books and erotica inspired me including the Sleeping Beauty series by Anne Rice, Killing Me Softly by Nicci French, 9 1/2 weeks by Elizabeth McNeill and the movie of the memoir, Penthouse Forum in my younger days as well. Plus the power dynamic in relationships fascinate me as does the pushing of one's boundaries.  I also like the play between what you think should turn you on and what actually does.

Do you have a specific writing style? 
I prefer to write in first person and I write in such a way that the reader feels the story.  I like to incorporate all the senses.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books? 
Most of it comes from my imagination.  I also do research so that the story is realistic and I’m not putting a character in a situation that wouldn’t work in real life.

When did you write your first book and how old were you? 
I was 29 when I wrote my first full-length novel with my husband.  The first draft of the first book of the My Body Trilogy, which I wrote on my own, was written in the latter half of 2008.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?
Exercise, lie in the sun, spend time with family and friends, explore new places and try new restaurants.  I’m also an avid movie watcher and I typically consume books but I have a hard time reading when I’m working on a story.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? 
Yes.  Don’t ever give yourself away for love or change yourself to suit another.  If someone truly loves you, then they love the real you.
Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life? 
The story is completely fictional and not based on anyone I know or events that happened to me.

Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members. 
This is an easy one for me to answer.  Fanny Press and more specifically Catherine Treadgold my publisher and Jennifer McCord.

Do you see writing as a career?
That’s the dream!

What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author?
What has been the best compliment? The toughest criticism has to be that they hated how the story made them feel but most still loved my writing style.  In truth I much rather readers have an intense reaction in the positive or negative than to be in the middle of the road.  The best compliment is that they couldn’t put the book down and can’t wait until the next book in the trilogy.  Fortunately, I have had many more five stars than anything else.

My Body-His by Blakely Bennett
Blurb:
Jane Stiles is successful in business but bored with her socially mundane existence. One night at a party, she meets an intense and compelling stranger named Luke. This fateful encounter prompts her predictable life path to veer into uncharted territory, sweeping her along on a frightening erotic journey into the world of bondage, domination and submission.
Jane had never experienced genuine desire, and now passion consumes her life, robbing her of free will. Her new lifestyle creates an emotional chasm between her and her old friends. Will they understand why she has abandoned her high ideals and long-term plans for a traditional wedding?
What society considers right or wrong no longer matters. Prepared to surrender everything to Luke, she wonders if her everything will be enough. She now needs his discipline as much as she craves his love and approval. How far down this dark path is she willing to go?
Jane’s pilgrimage into domination and discipline has created a war between her mind and her body, and her body is claiming victory.
My Body-His is book 1 in the My Body trilogy.

My Body-His (Marcello) by Blakely Bennett RELEASED - March 15, 2013
Blurb:
Jane Stiles has embarked on an intense odyssey into the world of domination and submission. She no longer recognizes herself. She has quit her job, surrendered her possessions and agreed to a wedding where she is the only one naked, all for the sake of the elusive Luke—a man so compelling, she can deny him nothing. Now there is no going back. Her new life will revolve around Luke, his friends and clients.
Hovering in the background is Luke’s best friend Marcello, whose ego is as towering as his stature. Marcello has set his sights on Jane. She is drawn to his power, his masculinity, and the challenge he represents, even though she fears and dislikes him. After Luke discovers that Jane has breached one of his many “rules,” he sends her to Marcello for punishment and lessons in Dom/sub culture. What happens there will change her forever.
Jane and Luke reconcile, and even find a rhythm that includes not only bondage and punishment but genuine love-making. Just when Jane is convinced that the happiness and devotion she has always craved is within reach, Luke pushes her beyond endurance, and she rebels in a way her harsh husband cannot forgive. From there, her life spins out of control. But Jane has a strong spirit, and she will prevail.
My Body-His (Marcello) is book 2 in the My Body trilogy.


1 comment:

  1. If you have anymore questions you can comment on my blog: http://blakelybennett.fannypress.com/

    Thanks!

    Blakely

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review/blog post. I love hearing from you.