Contact me

makaylathomas1970@gmail.com

Mailing details provided upon request.

Follow by Email

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Interview: Lucy Felthouse



Tell us your latest news?
I can’t tell you some of it because nothing’s confirmed and there’s no contract or anything yet, but I have just finished a very exciting project – that’s all I can say for now!
Something I can tell you is that I received an acceptance for one of my short stories today. My lesbian story, When in Devon, will appear in the upcoming Girls Getting Off anthology from Xcite Books.
What are your current projects?
I’m currently working on a couple of short stories for some calls for submissions, and also a novella for Ellora’s Cave. Let’s just hope I get it finished on time, and that’s it’s accepted! Fingers crossed.
What was the hardest part of writing your book?
I’m going to talk about the novel I have out on submission here. The hardest bit was the whole thing! Taking the step from short stories to a novel was scary and very hard work. I worried about making sure it was interesting the whole way through, that I had enough material for a whole book, and so on. I pushed on, though, and completed my first novel at the end of 2012. Let’s just hope 2013 is the year it’s accepted for publication.
How long does it take you to write a book?
I’ve only written one novel, and it was my first, so I guess I’ll get faster the more I write. But it took me about four months beginning to end, which I think is pretty good going as I don’t write full-time.
What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
My work schedule is always varied. I run my own business (http://www.writermarketing.co.uk) and I have to put that first, as it’s my guaranteed income. So I squeeze my writing in around that. I do my best to clear long periods of time as I work better that way than five or ten minutes here and there.
What do you like to do when you're not writing?
Read, watch TV and films, play with and walk my dog, spend time with my other half, walking in the countryside, exploring historical and interesting places, travelling.
Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.
That would be my other half. He supports me by encouraging me, helping me with plots, visits places with me for research, comes to events with me, and so on!
Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
I find it difficult to just keep writing until I finish a first draft. I always end up going back and tweaking things before continuing. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, though, as when something is finished I only have to check the end is good and I can send the piece off on submission.
Do you have to travel much concerning your book(s)?
I don’t have to, no. Which is just as well as travel is expensive! But I do go on research trips in this country, and have taken a couple of very cheap European breaks which I’ve then used as settings in my books, namely the A Taste of series. The first book, A Taste of London is out now, and A Taste of Paris is coming soon. Following that, we’re on to Rome, then Amsterdam...
Do you write an outline before every book you write?
No, definitely not. As I mainly write short stories, it’s not necessary. But I am writing longer and longer stuff, and I plan out the novellas and novels to make sure they’re exciting all the way through and that I stay on track and don’t forget what’s going to happen next.
What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?
I don’t think I’ve had the toughest criticism yet. People don’t really criticise short stories all that much because they’re so quick to read and don’t take as much time up. I suspect, though, if my novel is published that people will have something to say! Hopefully some of it will be good.
The best compliment is that people want to read more of my work. They read my short stories and wish they were longer, which is a great thing for me to hear. It means I’m doing something right.
*****
Three hot and romantic military tales from the pen of uniform aficionado, Lucy Felthouse.
The Military Wife
Tess’ salacious fantasies about her husband, Aidan, see her through the long periods of time when she doesn’t see him—when he’s away on tour with the Army. The rest of the time, she has to deal with day to day life alone. One day, a dull chore is interrupted by the unexpected arrival of her husband, and things quickly hot up in their kitchen, and beyond.

Passing Out Passion
When Christina attends her brother’s passing out parade with her parents, she’s full of pride at his achievement. What she’s not expecting, though, is to bump into old flame Phil Ashdown. They didn’t part on good terms and the atmosphere between them is awkward. But when they’re forced into conversation, it turns out that all those years ago, there was a misunderstanding. One that can very easily be put right.

Double Vision
Becky’s a military wife with a uniform fetish. She loves nothing more than having fun in the bedroom with her squaddie husband, where they share and act out many of their fantasies. However, there’s one fantasy that she’s never divulged, as it breaks their rule about bring other people into their sex life. One day, though, Becky decides to bite the bullet and tell Paul everything. She never expects him to make her fantasy come true. But then, Paul’s a very resourceful man.

*****
Lucy Felthouse is a very busy woman! She writes erotica and erotic romance in a variety of subgenres and pairings, and has over seventy publications to her name, with many more in the pipeline. These include Best Bondage Erotica 2012 and 2013, and Best Women's Erotica 2013. Another string to her bow is editing, and she has edited and co-edited a number of anthologies. She owns Erotica For All, and is book editor for Cliterati. Find out more at http://www.lucyfelthouse.co.uk. Join her on Facebook and Twitter, and subscribe to her newsletter at: http://eepurl.com/gMQb9



1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review/blog post. I love hearing from you.