Contact me

makaylathomas1970@gmail.com

Mailing details provided upon request.

Follow by Email

Monday, April 1, 2013

Book Review: Forgive Yourself ( #AtoZChallenge )

Summary from GoodReads: Evocative and filled with a rare compassion, Forgive Yourself by new author Allie Sager blends supernatural dreamscapes with affairs of the heart and unforgivable betrayal. Smart and telling, the author enlists a stunning and heartfelt prose to weave one woman’s reluctant love story. On the surface to the outside world, Sammy Logan might appear to be a woman who has it all, but the fact is she is married to a man who has never truly forgiven her for a past she had no control over. Haunted each day by the vivid secret, she turns to Conner Simpson, a man she has always loved—the man without question who makes her feel complete. Caught on the brink, confused, but certainly not alone, Sammy must first forgive herself, make peace with the dark demons of her past and her mystic ancestral visions before she can truly be free. 


My Review: This is another one of those books that the author does a great job of getting you into the characters. I found myself having a definite opinion of them. I either liked them or hated them; to be honest, I disliked most of them. 


This book has elements of betrayal, supernatural and heartbreak. However, one flaw with the book is that it seems to repeat itself.


You'll love Grandma Mamie and you'll never guess how or why. This book does involve some drama and maliciousness. Connor and his wife are terrible to more than a couple of people. 


This book is on the shorter side and a fairly quick read. I think it would be great for a quick fall weekend read. 



RATING: 3/5



Pages: 195
Softcover

Review copy of this book provided by the author/publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review. In no way did the provision of the book affect the outcome of my review.

1 comment:

  1. Nice review, I've seen this book before and have seen mixed reviews on it. Hmm maybe I'll pass on it because of the repetition seen in the book. I'm doing the a-to-z challenge too!

    Leigh
    Little Book Star

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review/blog post. I love hearing from you.