Contact me

makaylathomas1970@gmail.com

Mailing details provided upon request.

Follow by Email

Monday, April 1, 2013

Book Review: Off Flesh ( #AtoZChallenge )

Summary from GoodReads: While at a hotel for a convention and away from his husband, Mr. Jensen finds himself drawn to the youthful and energetic Mr. Wyndham. When Wyndham enters the hotel's lift and fails to reappear elsewhere, Jensen discovers that sometimes craving the company of someone other than your spouse can have very serious consequences.


My Review: What a perfect season to read this book. Anyone for a dose of Halloween? If you're too afraid to sleep with your windows open, you may not want to read this alone or at night. 

The conference that Mr. Jensen is on suddenly takes a turn for the worst when Mr. Wyndham disappears. With Jensen's interest in Wyndham, of course, he takes matters into his own hands to investigate. 

Seeing how this is a short story -- under 6000 words, I don't want to spoil it. But let me tell you, this is great. So often with short stories you feel that you don't get enough background detail or that you don't know the main character{s}. This is not the case here. Andy sets the tone, sets the characters and away he goes. The ending is great. I can generally guess an ending and I'm always so excited when I can't. This ending will have you thinking about it days later.


RATING: 5/5

Pages: less than 6000
ebook


Review copy of this book provided by the author/publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review. In no way did the provision of the book affect the outcome of my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review/blog post. I love hearing from you.