Contact me

makaylathomas1970@gmail.com

Mailing details provided upon request.

Follow by Email

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Book Review: Stronger Than Sin ( #AtoZChallenge )

Summary from GoodReads: Dr. Liliana Carrera nearly lost her life to Wardwell scientists. She won't let them harm other innocent victims, like her new patient, Jesse Bradford. The former pro athlete had the best hands in the NFL . . . until an injury forced him to undergo Wardwell's experimental gene therapy. Now Jesse's gorgeous body is superhuman-but his strength comes at a price. 

With Wardwell threatening his family, Jesse can't tell Liliana all he knows. Yet he can't resist her compassion . . . or her healing, erotic touch. As their passion flares, Jesse's body becomes dangerous and volatile. For evil men are plotting to change the face of humanity-and will destroy whoever stands in their way. 


My Review: Two survivors meet and team up. Though odd at parts {at least to me}, the relationship builds between Jesse and Liliana. 

I loved that they were able to connect, work together, make medical advances. He, in the end, wants to be able to save his sister and Liliana. Will he be able to?

The attraction and relationship grow between Liliana and Jesse throughout the book. It's not just WHAM! as it is in some books. They progress. 

This was a great read. I did have one issue with it {and it's probably just me}. I tend to visualize the descriptions an author paints for me in what they write. So, I found, when Jesse and Liliana finally realize their relationship and take it to the next level with sex, I was somewhat bothered by it and found myself trying to quickly read through those pages and trying to turn off my visual mind.

Stronger Than Sin is not the first book in this series, but is also great as a stand alone book. 


RATING: 4/5

Pages: 336
Softcover

Review copy of this book provided by the author/publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review. In no way did the provision of the book affect the outcome of my review.

1 comment:

  1. This one sounds like a good read so it's going on my tbr list :) Thanks for sharing!
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review/blog post. I love hearing from you.