Contact me

makaylathomas1970@gmail.com

Mailing details provided upon request.

Follow by Email

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Interview: Ruth J Hartman


Where are you from?
I live in rural Indiana with my husband of 30 years and our three spoiled, lazy cats J
Do you see writing as a career?
That’s my goal. Although right now, I also work part-time as a dental hygienist.
Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Thank you for taking the time to read what I’ve written. It means so much!!
What do you like to do when you're not writing?
My husband and I like to walk on a hiking trail when the weather is nice. We also read a lot and listen to classic rock and act like we know how to dance!
How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
“Rescued by a Duke” is number eleven. Gosh, I’m not sure I could pick one favorite. I’m really enjoying the Regency Romances, though.
Do you like to create books for adults?
Yes. I wrote and illustrated a children’s book a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. But I love the snappy dialogue that you can only get from adults.
What inspired you to write your first book?
 It was a memoir about living with severe OCD. It started out as a way to help others deal with their OCD, but once it was published, I realized I wanted to continue writing.
What book are you reading now?
“The Pillars of the Earth” by Ken Follett.
What are your current projects?
 I’m working on my third Regency Romance. I can’t seem to get enough of them!
Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
 I always know my books will have a happy ending. Sometimes, though, coming up with that ending is difficult.
What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Since I’m still new at writing Regencies, there’s so much to learn about that time period. It involves more research than I’m used to. But my editors are the best! One of them is a historian, so she’s been wonderful to help me!
What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?
 I was once told by an editor that my story was terrible. That’s not the word she used, but I won’t print that here. That was hard to hear. I learned an awful lot from that experience, though.
The best compliment came from a reader who had multiple health problems and was in constant pain. She told me that my books helped her forget about her pain for a little while. That meant so much to me. If I can help someone like that, then the whole writing and editing process is worth it. J
Blurb – “Rescued by a Duke”

Sasha Douglas has hit rock bottom. Literally. Left all alone after her brother's murder, she thought things couldn't possibly get worse. Until she finds herself trapped, injured, and frightened with no hope of escape after falling into an abandoned well.

Garrett Rothchild Cantlebury, the 5th Duke of Ravensworth, is shocked to discover a woman trapped in his abandoned well. The place that holds reminders of horrible loss for him. Determined to save the poor girl, he pushes those thoughts aside, refusing to dwell on them. But the rescued damsel in distress ends up making him face a darker truth. One that threatens both their futures.

Can Sasha and Garrett put family tragedy behind them and find love together?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review/blog post. I love hearing from you.